Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Wreath

I wanted to spruce up my front door with a wreath. I bought one at the thrift store a few months back for $1.50. Since i'm trying to save all the money i can lately i looked for ribbon and fabric i already had.I used burlap that we had left over from the center pieces at our wedding and some ribbon i had left over from the bouquets in our wedding, the orange ribbon i had in my scrapbooking stuff.
The burlap comes in roles at Michaels for $3.99. From what i had left over i just cut them about 6-7 inch pieces and rolled them up to look like a flower. Then i stuck them in the wreath. I didn't even need to glue them down. Then i tied the orange and sheer ribbon inbetween them to fill in the gaps. I would have liked it to be a little fuller but that's all i had to work with :)
Here is the finished project.
Here is a picture of the process... i took me a while to figure out what exactly i was going to do!
Have you made any wreaths lately please share! I love getting new ideas!

4 comments:

L.Caroline said...

I like it! I saw a cute one that I am thinking about trying if it's not too expensive. I will share if I do!

Laina said...

yeah so after doing this one i saw a really really cute one so i am probably gonna change it :)

Lee Ann Barton said...

too cute!! cant wait for this weekend...so excited i can hardly sleep.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liana! I love your boo'tiful wreath..ha! Thanks for sharing your window idea and link with us. I'm off to check it out now. Happy day to ya'll~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...