Tuesday, November 30, 2010

White Waxflower/Frame makeover


I found a new favorite blog and wanted to share it with you. Mary Grace over at White Waxflower is such an inspiration to me. I love how she just throws stuff together and makes it look so interesting.
She has some really cool tutorials.
I love her anthropologie inspired bedroom! I WILL be doing something like this in my room!


 She dresses super cute!

And she makes really cute videos with her dog Jemima.
How has she inspired me?
I  made this frame.



I found the frame on black friday for $2.48 at the thrift store. I spray painted it Caramel Latte by Krylon. When i was taking the glass out i broke it so i wrapped the picture that was in the frame in burlap, and taped some random things i had laying around the house to it. The map was the front of a journal i had, and the green heart is and earring that my friend Ashley gave me, but i lost the other one :(
I also jazzed up my shelf in the bathroom. 
here is the before
And after
I shopped my house to get the "thrown together" look.
From left to right.
Basket Walmart $2
Books $1.50 (I bought a buggie full of those books for $1.50 i have used them all over the house!)
Candle holder thrift store $1.50
candle on top of white candle holder $1 walmart, wrapped in hemp
White Candle with black lid-From great friends in Colorado
Jar free from my friend Allison, she got them out of a guys trash :)
Painting by my sister, she is awesome
Lantern-Pottery barn sale $12.50 (I had a giftcard)
Brown beaded candle holder inside PT lantern-Homegoods, came in a pack of three i got them  half off after Christmas last year for $3

So if you haven't already go check out her blog

5 comments:

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

omg. i clicked the video and immediately head my girl, doris day. i love this woman already. hahahaha and her outfit is suppppper cute!

marygrace said...

Aww! You are so sweet, and this post made my day! Thank you so much! I love, love, love that shelf, is that an old shipping crate? Fabulous! I may steal that idea for my entryway!

Thanks again:) xoxo

Laina said...

Sheila i knew you would like her style! And Mary Grace yeah it's a pallet that i found in an empty lot by my house! I made something for my foyer too and it's so nice cause you can hang coats on it and store mail inside. Good luck with the project!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was forward to your blog via Mary Grace's blog. I love love love your old pallet shelf, what a cool idea. I may have to steal your idea...lol!

Great blog, can't wait to check out other posts.
xo,
Diane

Laina said...

Hey DianeCruz! thank you so much, please take the idea, that's why i share :) i'd love to see a picture when you finish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...