Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frame to tray tutorial

I am sitting here drinking the best hot chocolate i have ever tasted. My secret, french vanilla creamer. I decided i wanted to start drinking coffee when it got cold so i bought the sweetest coffee i could find. French Vanilla coffee and french vanilla creamer. I'm not much of a coffee person. But i have loved hot chocolate so much this season that i haven't gotten to the coffee. Long story short, i had french vanilla creamer sitting in my fridge and didn't want it to go to waste.  Mmmmm makes hot chocolate delicious!!
Anyway onto my new Christmas Tray. Yes i said Christmas. As i mentioned in this post Robby and i are decorating for Christmas this weekend. So i have been doing a few little things before hand. I found this frame today at the thrift store and thought it would make a great tray.
Sorry for the "middle" picture. I got home from work with only a few minutes of light to spare so i dove into my spray painting. I also spray painted this 
but i'll get to that later. 
Here is another "middle" picture. Basically it was a gold frame and i painted it red.
After i painted it i found some scrapbook paper. Put it behind the glass and put the frame back together. 
I painted it red cause i can just change out the paper for Valentines day, Fourth of July and Thanksgiving. I love red!
The total cost of the project $1.50
I had the spray paint and scrapbook paper from other projects. 

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am a new follower! I found you on the Fence! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

I'm so impressed with this! What a great deal and turned out so nice:)

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

$1.50! That is my kind of project. I'm a new follower from The Picket Fence. Love your blog. Stop by and check out my site if you get a chance http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...