Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lamp Before and After

This post is LONG overdue. Remember months ago when i found this lamp at the thrift store for $5? Well i gave it a little love with some spray paint and a new lamp shade from Ross for $8. So total i spent on the project was $13!
Here is the before.
And After!

The brass was so easy to paint i jsut scrubbed it down with a brillo pad but the white part. NOT.SO.EASY! I think i scraped the the grey paint off 3 or 4 times before i got it right. It kept bubbling and peeling... so Frustrating. It's still not perfect, but that's ok it's good enough :)
But i'm thinking the shade is too small??  Check out the
 before and after one more time and look at the shades. Do you think the one i bought, in the after pic, is too small? The original shade looks good from far away aka in the picture but up close- not so perdy...
Please let me know your opinion! Too small or just right??

7 comments:

Moe said...

I really love this redo! Great look! I didn't think the shade was too small until you mentioned it. I'd be afraid for anything bigger though....maybe a bit longer? But you can't get that without getting bigger I know...hmmmm... Do you have one you can play with?

Great post :)

Laina said...

Thanks! i have the original but i think it would be hard to recover because of the shape. I also thought about putting some hanging trim on the bottom of the shade to give it some length. But all the trim i find is not my style. I'd want something more earthy and natural.
Thanks for the insight!!

The Guff said...

yeah, i say it could be a little bit bigger... but it looks wonderful!!!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Hey Lady! I think for the size of table its on you did a great job! I love how it turned out!!


love your guts
mandi

Sally said...

i think it's fine! my mom always told me the rule was that you shouldn't be able to see the hardware peeking from the shade - your "after" seems to be just right. and the lamp is tall and slender, so the shade seems to go with that . . .

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Just found your blog today and have spent the better part of my morning browsing through your site. Love you guys and all that you're doing! Great lamps too btw :0)

marygrace said...

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous! Amazing how something not so pretty can turn into something people would pay lots of money for, and you only spent 13 bucks! My kinda project:)

PS I think the shade looks great:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...