Saturday, March 5, 2011

Misc Projects...

I'm baaaack. ok so it has been a while but i am back with a few before and afters.
First, i made a wreath for our front door. To Welcome spring. the sooner the better :)
I used the wreath on the left for our Christmas window display over our sink.
The wreath on the right i bought at the thrift store a few months back for .50 cents. The felt i got from Walmart for $4 (there were around 12 sheets in it.) I also used some yarn and buttons (not picutred.)
And this is what i came up with. 
I have seen these wreaths all over blog world so i thought i'd try one. 
All i did was wrap the yarn around the wreath. 
I can't find the tutorial that i used for the flowers but it was so easy i will just tell you.
1. Get a cd and cut out the felt in the shape of the cd.
2. Starting at the outside edge of the circle, start cutting around the edge. So it will look like you are cutting a spiral into the circle.
3. take the middle and start rolling it up. 
4. Glue the end and glue a button into the middle of the flower. 
Then i glued the yarn wreath to the stick wreath and hung it up with some ribbon!
My dad found this AWESOME trunk on the side of the road for me! There's nothing better than rusty trunk than a FREE rusty trunk!

I scraped down the rust with a wire brush and spray painted it with Rust-oleum's Oregano. Rust-oleum is the. best. paint. ever! it went on so smooth no runs. 
Here is the finished product.
i filed it with my scrapbook paper and called it a day!

I found this drawer thingy at the thrift store for $2.50 It looked like it used to be pink and someone painted it purple and it had a $29.99 sticker on it from Kohls. It was ugly! 
 
So I spray painted it grey and looked/thought of a way to put knobs on it but the holes were too big to fit them. So one day i was messing around with some wine corks and they fit perfectly!
I painted the back in chalkboard paint. It is for my friend Linds. She is a teacher and i thought this would be perfect on her desk. Happy New Job Lindsey!! 
This frame on the left i have had forever and i finally found something to do with it.
I put some chicken wire and fabric behind it an WA LA!
i LOVE this fabric i found it at the thrift store for .99 cents but there wasn't very much of it :(
So this is what i've been up to lately. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! 

7 comments:

Jaderbomb said...

WOW! All of these are sooo cute!!!
www.jaderbomb.com

Unknown said...

Great projects....good for you!....love FREE!!!....smiles.

Meredith said...

You have been busy girl! :) I love your new wreath. I need you to come over and make another one just like it for my door - it would match our new welcome mat perfectly!

Congrats on the feature on West Furniture and keep on DIY-ing! :)
Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

Laina said...

Thanks guys, and Meredith, thanks so much, i can't wait to see your bathroom makeover!!

Sarah said...

Blog hopped my way over here and I am IN LOVE with your stuff!! Can't wait to follow and see more!

Laina said...

Hey thanks so much Sarah!

Lee Ann Barton said...

love the frame and trunk. creative! I have a few trunks in my basement i need to pull out..just havent got around to it. miss yall and hope to see you soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...