Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bedroom Makeover!

We got back from Colorado a few days ago, it was sooo fun!! 
I did a little bedroom makeover yesterday. And i did everything for free with stuff from around the house.
Here is the before picture.
And After!
I moved all the white frames from over the dresser to over the bed. I have been wanting to move it forever but never got around to it until yesterday. 
Here are the  before pictures over the dresser
The frames look so much better over the bed.

I also changed out the duvet cover with one i had from college, i got it at ikea for $15. I had the large pillow (from homegoods) in my craft room and the red pillow (Marshalls) in our living room. The brown pillows my mom gave me. 
Here are a few more pics of the bedroom.



Now the dresser looks like this. That large piece of wood that is holding the frames is from the lot down the street and i have similar ones in my guest bathroom. This one is really heavy so i couldn't hang in on the wall. 

So i put some felt on the bottom to protect the dresser. I just attached it with hot glue.
Now i need something to go over the dresser. I'm thinking two mirrors, a girlie one and a manly one :) 
I'm thinking something like this...
for the "manly" mirror of course...
image from google

and this for the girlie one :)
image from Ordy and Joon

I moved the jars upstairs from the kitchen window so i could make room for these babies.
I did a little planting today but i'll post on that later.

11 comments:

lisbonlioness said...

Are you sure this is your bedroom and not some 5 star lodge in Aspen or Switzerland? *faints*

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

Alaina!!!!! Sooooo incredible!! GREAT JOB!!!! A few days after a trip and I dont even unpack- and you did this?!? Omg it made such a difference- looks huge! Amazing!

Chrissi said...

nice work! you're always inspiring me :)

Meredith said...

Your room looks fabulous! I love all the new additions!

A-town said...

look great!

L.Caroline said...

It looks great! I really, really like the picture frames over the bed.

Laina said...

Thanks guys! Keep your eye out for some mirrors for me! i haven't had luck with mirrors lately :(

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

i saved this a while ago in my tumblr files and it reminded me of what you might want to do:

http://ordyandjoon.tumblr.com/post/3687160514/so-us

Laina said...

Joon that's exactly what i was talking about, i saw that picture a while ago and couldn't figure out where i found it, thanks!!

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

Looks great, I love the idea of the manly and feminine mirrors!

Anonymous said...

nice job - seriously looks like a pretty little bed and breakfast retreat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...