Saturday, July 17, 2010

Living Room update

So last night i posted about this little beauty i painted yesterday. 


Well i forgot to post about how it inspired me to paint our coffee table as well.


I bought some fabric that morning from Walmart. It was in the clearance section. I got the whole spool for $5, and there were about 5 yards on the spool. I had no idea what i was going to do with it but i loved the fabric and it was so cheap who could pass it up?
So last night as Robby was falling asleep on the couch i decided to make curtains out of it. I measure it and it was just enough to be able to cut the entire thing of fabric in half. No sewing involved. i literally cut it and hung it on the rod with these clips. Except mine were $4.99 and they are chocolate brown. Anyway, around 11:30 last night this is what i came up with.



And from the other angle.

And this morning.


I LOVE it!!!! i love how light and air and summer it is :) And i can put any color with those curtains!

To redo the living room it only cost me about $20 bucks, can you believe it!?!?
The side table was- $14
Coffee table-just painted with the extra paint from the table
Curtains- $5

But this is not the end of my Living room makeover! In a few months it will look completely different! Here is a hint of one of the new additions to our living room: Wood burning fireplace :) o the word just makes me happy. Stay tuned for more updates!


On a school note. I recieved my first unit, one of 6, on Sunday I will be about half way through today! Now i'm off to read about Color! Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

The Burfitt's said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

this looks awesome alaina. meg was telling me about your new ideas of interior design, love it.

Bethany Crooks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...